FREAK’S BLOG WORLD
Johnny Depp and Lady Gaga hold top spots on Entertainment Weekly's Most Powerful Entertainers poll. Excluding cameo and animated roles, the magazine estimates Depp's films have grossed some $5.9 billion globally.
- Johnny Depp
- Lady Gaga
- Oprah Winfrey
- Simon Cowell
- Will Smith
- Robert Downey, Jr.
- Sandra Bullock
- Leonardo DiCaprio
NOTES OF THE DAY:
A recent study found that women find stubble more attractive than any other kind of facial hair and even a clean shave. Researchers theorize it's because scruff makes a dude look more mature. If only guys thought leg stubble was sexy. (Cosmopolitan)
Men, if you want to impress a woman, learn to cook. More women are impressed by a man's cooking ability than the kind of car he owns, according to a survey conducted by Great Britain's Department of Health. Almost one-third of young Britons lied and claimed a precooked, ready-to-eat meal was something they had actually cooked themselves. Women are the worst offenders when it comes to lying about what they cooked. 40% of women had claimed food they bought in a store was homemade, compared with 22% of men. 7% said they regularly claim cooking credit for food they have bought that someone else made. 10% of young Brits have never cooked a meal for themselves because they don't know how to do it.
Ladies, what's the meanest thing you've ever done to a man? Fox News has compiled a list of 10 cruel things that women do to men and how they play with the guy's emotions or ego.
- They don't pick up the phone - While men feel good as they manage to take the girls' phone number, the girls often give them a fake number or don't pick up the call.
- Use men for free drinks - Some women go out never planning to spend any of their own money on drinks at the bar or club.
- Use men as placeholders - If she is a decent person, she'll just get it over with and dump the boy, but if she's cruel, she'll hold on to him for a while until somebody new comes along.
- Emotionally manipulate men - Men don't like to see women cry and some cruel women take advantage of the fact and use it to get what they want. A few tears would make men do anything to get it to stop.
- Use physical violence - While men hitting girls are often termed nasty, some cruel women feel it's perfectly acceptable to hit their boyfriends, as he would never hit her back.
- Criticize their men in public - Cruel women criticize and humiliate their men in public places. They often poke fun at her man or even soundly debase him.
- They don't disclose their relationship status - It's certainly not the worst thing a woman could do to a man, but it is annoying when she's already in a relationship and lets you assume that she's available so that she can enjoy the man's flirtation and flattery.
- They withhold sex - This is a time-tested, and frequently used, cruel thing for women to do to men.
- They test their men - You're all ready to go for a night out with your friends, when your girlfriend calls and asks you to change your plans to be with her instead. She doesn't have any particular reason; she just wants to see you. She knows that you had plans to meet up with the guys, but if you really loved her, you'd come over to her place instead.
- They flirt to inspire jealousy - Maybe she's feeling underappreciated, maybe you've just had a big fight or maybe she just enjoys the tortured look on your face. For whatever reason, girls who flirt obviously with other guys in front of their boyfriends are immature and manipulative.
IN RELATIONSHIP NEWS:
HOW TO UNDERSTAND YOUR WIFE
- She says, "You want." She really means, "You want."
- She says, "We need." She really means, "I want."
- She says, "It's your decision." She really means, "The right decision should be obvious by now."
- She says, "Do what you want." She really means, "You'll pay for this later."
- She says, "We need to talk." She really means, "I need to complain."
- She says, "Sure... go ahead." She really means, "I don't want you to."
- She says, "I'm hungry." She really means, "Make me something to eat."
- She says, "I'm not upset." She really means, "Of course I'm upset, you moron."
- She says, "You're... so manly." She really means, "You need a shave and you sweat a lot."
- She says, "You're attentive." She really means, "Is sex all you ever think about?"
- She says, "I'm not emotional." She really means, "I'm having my period."
- She says, "Turn out the lights." She really means, "I have flabby thighs."
- She says, "The car is empty." She really means, "Go fill it up."
- She says, "The trash is full." She really means, "Take it out."
- She says, "The dog is barking." She really means, "Go outside in your underwear and see what is wrong."
- She says, "I want new curtains." She really means, "And carpeting, and furniture, and wallpaper..."
- She says, "I need wedding shoes." She really means, "The other 40 pair are the wrong shade of white."
- She says, "I heard a noise." She really means, "I noticed you were almost asleep."
- She says, "Do you love me?" She really means, "I'm going to ask for something expensive."
IN THE NEWS:
POLL: It's A Gas
It's one of those relationship milestones ... the first breaking of the wind.
A poll on TheFrisky.com
asked: "How soon into a relationship do you pass gas in front of your significant other?"
- Immediately -- 4%
- Once we've started sleeping at each other's places on a regular basis -- 16%
- I toot in a corner, just like Grandma told me I should. -- 13%
- Only after we've said, "I love you." -- 28%
- Never. Ever. EVER. -- 39%
According to new research, the iPad is now the fastest-selling gadget of all time. Since its release Apple has sold an estimated 8.5 million iPads.